Looking for support to reduce your farm's carbon footprint?
COTA is proudly partnering with EcoCert on the On-Farm Climate Action Fund!
Following the Government of Canada announcements regarding investments to help farmers counter climate change, Canada Organic Trade Association (COTA) and EcoCert Canada are pleased to present a specific project set up to help organic farmers implement beneficial management practices (BMPs)
The goal of this program is for most of the funds to serve as direct financial assistance to farmers, to increase the adoption and implementation of on- farm BMP
THE SELECTED FARMS WILL RECEIVE:
- A report of their greenhouse gas emissions to determine the impact of the BMPs on their GHG emissions.
- Tailored training on beneﬁcial management practices for organic producers to reduce GHG emissions.
- Financial compensation for approved activities up to 85% of eligible costs. The maximum eligible funding is $75,000 per operation for the length of the OFCAF program.
- An invitation to knowledge-transfer activities, such as field days and online training.
THE PROJECT HAS THREE COMPONENTS:
- Financial support for the adoption and implementation of beneﬁcial management practices (BMPs) for nitrogen management and/or cover crops.
- Farmer engagement and knowledge transfer activities training.
- Conducting a greenhouse gas inventory of production activities.